Sunday, October 07, 2012

Farmers' Market(s)

If I ever have to move somewhere else in this world, I'll miss the farmers' markets in the bay area. Grand Lake market on Saturdays, Old Oakland market on Fridays and Tuesdays Berkeley market are the ones I usually go. 



I read a post about this mysterious kouign amann on the apartment therapy's site and decided to try it. Flaky, a little salty, and very sweet pastry is worth it when paired with bicycle coffee.


Tulips are one of my favorite flowers.


Shallots are wonderful for tempering, frying, and in other things such as salads and snacks.


Kabocha and butternut are delicious for sambar and salad.



Capay Valley Farms.


Roast this cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt and pepper until browned and eat them warm.


It's foggy in the bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment